5 Reasons you need Neem Oil in your life!
We deal in oils of all sorts, hemp oil, castor oil, baobab oil, olive oil, coconut oil, you name it, we get knee deep in it and we love it. But what intrigues us the most is learning the intricate properties of each oil. Each has their signature, each their place and each has earned our accolades, but none more than the multi-purpose neem oil.
1. Diaper rash and baby eczema. Neem oil first became a trusted remedy when it miraculously relieved our son from a nasty case of baby eczema. The thing with neem oil is it succeeds where everything else fails. Anyone that knows anything about baby eczema knows its hard to cure and terribly uncomfortable for your most loved one. So when something works, it isn’t just great, it’s a God-send!
2. Acne, eczema & psoriasis. I have always had seasonal eczema. After our first boon I couldn’t wait to try neem oil on myself. Low and behold, the season changed and my skin revealed signs of blotchiness associated with eczema. I applied cotton balls, soaked in neem oil, directly to the plagued areas for a few minutes, every day for 10 straight days. Not only did the symptoms almost disappear (I could still see slight traces of it if I looked really hard), but in the years that followed there were virtually no re-occurrences.
3. Pet salve. Yep, since it worked on my human needs, I pulled it out when my pup’s coat looked spotty and un-kept. I couldn’t tell what caused his dilemma, only that it looked pretty ugly. After a week of applying drops directly on sore spots I was truly floored. Now I knew this oil is king.
4. Organic pesticide. In 18..something, there was a plague of locusts in Asia, that decimated all the trees but one, the neem tree. Afterwards, farmers began planting neem trees around their farms for protection. Now we know that you can add 1 tablespoon of neem oil, 2 tablespoons of liquid soap (of course I suggest our black soap because it does have potash) and a quart of water and spray that potion on your garden. Not only does it repel pests, but it also retards their ability to reproduce, reducing the volume of un-wanted pests over time.
5. Natural contraceptive. 100% guaranteed! Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you how my wife and I prevented a tribe, clinical tests have been done. Studies show that neem oil kills sperm in the vagina within 20-30 seconds of contact. It causes no irritation or discomfort like chemical based spermicidal foams do, instead it acts as a lubricant and may offer a degree of protection from sexually transmitted diseases. Simply soak cotton ball in neem oil and insert into in the vagina at least fifteen minutes before intercourse and then it lasts for up to 5 hours.
The list of benefits literally goes on, but the aforementioned reasons really top that list and make neem a must have in your medicine cabinet. However, there is one draw-back. Neem oil has a skunk funk. A pungency that will assault your nose and re-calibrate your senses. Okay, it’s not that bad, but it does take some getting used to. We’ve added tea tree essential oil to neutralize the funk and enhance its properties. Check our neem oil out here.